Tuesday, July 19, 2016

White Boards for Foreign Language, Algebra and Calculus Classes

Dear PTA,

Thank you so much for the grant to purchase the class set of dry erase boards.  These have been extremely helpful throughout the school year for review and practice as well as games. My students love to play "Win, Lose or Draw", and "Jeopardy" with the boards and I love them because as a teacher they give me immediate feedback on what my students understand well and what they need to practice more.  As we are coming to the end of the school year they are so helpful to have in class as we review for the final exam.  I would not have been able to afford the class set of boards without the PTA grant, and therefore would not have been able to review in such fun and interactive ways.  Thank you for helping make my Spanish 1, 2 and Fluent Speakers 1 classes fun and productive!

Katie Beverage
World Language Teacher

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When we first moved into the building.  The white board funded by the PTA has enabled me to have all the walls in my classroom covered in White Boards.  This has allowed me to  get my freshman Algebra 1 students as well as my senior AB Calculus students, up out of their seats and working at the board.  Students were more likely to work in groups and it enabled me to see at a glance what groups needed help and which students were on the right track. 

I have attached a copy of what the new board looks like in my room.  

Again, thank you for your generosity.  I know students will continue to benefit from this grant, and that I can continue to engage them in the discovery of mathematics.

Nancy Mohler

No comments:

Post a Comment